Name That Tune Correctly and Maybe Win! Stamps, Ephemera packs, somethng little but useful!

"What a day for a daydream, what a day for a daydreamin' boy...and I'm lost in this sweet dream, dreamin' bout my bundle of joy..."
First to name the song correctly will get something arty and useful from me...Have fun!
Please put your guesses in the comment section!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I just wasn't strong enough to say "No"!....

Lately I have begun to spend inordinate amounts of time at a place I swore I would never frequent, a cyber place I just knew I would never get stuck on, a cyber flavor of the day that has me reeling from the amount of information that is flashed in front of my eyes as fast as I can click my mouse...I feel like Matt Damon in one of the "Bourne" movies when they are erasing all of his memories...I come away feeling exhausted but exhilarated, drained but delighted, faint but fulfilled...yes, I admit it...I am now a Pinterest junkie....

I have within a total of 2 weeks tops made myself 27 boards and am active on just about all of them...between Pinterest and Laura's Uniques on both Etsy and Zibbet, we are talking about 18 hours a day spent on the computer! Good thing I have a wonderful man ("Sweet Tony") and no children at home...I am a total workaholic, whatever I decide to tackle. So folks, now is the time to show you some nice pics, and for starters, we are going o see some ATC's I made for some swaps...I haven't done swaps or atc's in ages, so here goes...

atc's made for swaps

So...SEE! I have been busy...just not busy doing the right things I think....New in my Etsy Shop and in my Zibbet shop by the same name, "Laura's Uniques", and my various APPS around here and there, I should be pretty set on the "self-promotion" side of things. But what I really mean is that I need to get back to actually making PAINTINGS, not just PICTURES, because there is a difference and anyone who is even slightly artistic will know what I am talking about. There is that bit of motion that gets caught and felt in the perfect stroke of the brush, the delicate flow of movement when you are using a miniature brush, the knowing and certainty that you FEEL things will fit perfectly when making a collage, the feel and fibers of the laces and fabrics that you choose for some lucky collages, but not all of them, and may change your mind at any moment. That is the wonderful thing about the creative process...You have a design in mind, and are working toward it...then some delicious looking little teal and melon colored fabrics number hits your pile of textile goodies, fabrics and laces, and suddenly, in the sigh of a tiny wind, your whole epic design changes shape, texture, color scheme...If they could bottle inspiration and imagination, think of what a world we would live in! We would be unstoppable, each and every one of us, if we used this magic in a good way...






And so it goes, for each of us...chasing that imagination dragon, the lemming of the artist pied piper, the lure of the symbolic siren...and you know what? I will go each and every time, because sometimes we may not realize it, but to some people, we may produce a landmark scene for them, something they see their own struggles in life given shape and form, and maybe, just maybe, we may help them see within themselves all of the beauty, grace and perfection that they have owned since birth.










Laura Shelton
Owner/Artist/Writer
Freelance as well!

Laura's Uniques
Etsy and Zibbett

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments for me and others to read, I am really interested in your viewpoint!